Monday 2 March 2015

Metamorphowhat?

All my life, I have never felt the need to have a proper workout routine, solely thanks to my high metabolism. You know how people say that in every circle of friends, there will be one skinny friend who eats like an elephant? Yeah, I'm that friend. I'm one of those people who can eat aaaall they want and still won't put on any weight. I know working out goes beyond losing weight, but with that factor being eliminated from my primary concerns, it sort of lowers the priority of exercising. I did go to the gym regularly last year (yeap, you read that right), but when I went back home for the summer, the gym sessions naturally turned into pig-out sessions, and I hadn't gotten back to my routine until now..... (Admitting this is wounding my ego, but that is unfortunately the ugly truth)

One of my best friends, however, loves working out. She's the fit one in our circle of friends. We both have different ideas of 'shopping'. She spends a lot on sports/exercising equipments, which make her as happy as shoes and clothes make me. It's kind of amusing when you think about it. Haha.

She's been trying to get me to start exercising properly, so a few weeks ago she downloaded Tracy Anderson's Metamorphosis program on my laptop. It obviously remained untouched for a while, 'cause, you know, I've been busy doing other things. Like snacking on biscuits and chocolates and stuff.

This morning over breakfast I thought, alright, maybe it's time that I check it out and see how it is. Can't be that bad. I started by watching the Intro video where Tracy sits on a couch looking like a life-size Barbie doll, talking about her program and our journey, yada yada yada. How our body will totally transform at the end of 90 days. The routine is to be done 6 days in a week (what even) and there are like, 9 different routines altogether (one for every 10 days) and also a diet plan (excuse you). While she was explaining about the diet plan I just bit into my butter-and-Nutella toast and shook my head. "Nope, not gonna happen, lady."

It's pretty amazing to think how some people actually listen to her and go through the diet plan and everything. I'm sorry, but I don't think I'm ready to give up my chips and chocolates. So I've decided to veto the diet plan. I haven't seen the cardio yet, but I think I've done well for today. Step 1 (intro video), check. #achievementunlocked hahaha

Have a great week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment