Friday 25 July 2014

Mood swings

The thing I hate most about the time of the month is the mood swings.

One minute I'm totally happy, then someone does something totally normal (which probably doesn't even concern me) and it annoys me, and then a thought crosses my mind about something random and I get angry.

Really. Sometimes when I get angry about something small, it only makes me angrier because I'm not even supposed to be affected by it in the first place. And my mood changes sooo quickly that it's hard to keep up with myself. I always have to keep in mind that it's harder for the people around me because they don't know what's happening.

Some men probably think that women exaggerate mood swings so that we can get away with getting angry, but no. At least I don't. The struggle is real. Especially when it comes to controlling my anger. It's extra hard when I'm on my period but I really try to keep my tolerance level high and keep my mouth shut whenever I'm ticked off.

It's not easy, guys :( I'm always quick to make a comment whenever I'm provoked. It feels satisfying... for a while. Before the guilt creeps in and eats me up from the inside.

Sigh. Sabar. So so hard. Ya Allah please grant me patience. Beautiful, beautiful patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment