Tuesday 22 July 2014

Stay safe!

My neighbourhood is totally not safe anymore. Just this past week there have been so many police reports about breaking & entering. Some of them are unsuccessful attempts, but still.

A few days ago, I was arguing with my mum because I wanted to go to the surau for terawih alone. The surau is just a stone's throw away from my house so I was totally fine with walking there by myself. She insisted that I waited for my brother, but I didn't want to because he always goes late and I like to be at the surau at least 10 minutes before Isya' (kiasu to get the best spot). Good thing my cousin was there to teman me go early and return home... because that same night, 3 men (believed to be Latin Americans) tried to break into my neighbour's house. At about 8pm!

The CCTV footage showed them walking all tenang around the house. They tried to open one of the windows and then the alarm went off but they just kept their cool, disabled the alarm and waited for a few minutes before driving off so as to remain inconspicuous. The police said they drive cars like Vellfire, Peugeot, Estima etc so nobody would have thought they were suspicious. Damn pro.

It's so scary nowadays, there are bad people everywhere. We should always always be careful no matter where we are. Remember that bad guys don't always look suspicious, sometimes they look just as innocent as the guy next door. Lock up properly at night and always remember to doa!

Hope everyone stays safe & may Allah protect all of us from the evils of His creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment