Tuesday 5 August 2014

It's Eid!

I'm well aware that more than a week has passed since the first of Syawal but if you're a Malaysian, you would know that Malaysians make full use of the whole month to celebrate Eid. So I'd like to take advantage of this and wish everyone (however little audience this blog has) Eid Mubarak! Or as we're more accustomed to, Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri! 

I want to susun my sepuluh jari and ampun maaf zahir & batin for all of my wrongdoings, be it intentional/unintentional. For all the hurtful and offensive comments that so easily rolled off my tongue. The insensitive scoffs at your honest opinions. The jokes I made that you laughed at, but deep down, stung a little bit. The way I sometimes come off as egoistic and arrogant. The times I accidentally stepped on your foot without saying sorry. The times I forgot my manners. The times I'd possibly focused on pleasing another person at the expense of your feelings. The way I sometimes forget my priorities. The times when I took your food when you were really just offering me to be polite. The times when I wouldn't let you have my food. The moments when I forgot how to act like a normal humanbeing. The instances when I embarrassed you in public. And everything else that has ever hurt you or wounded your pride in any way. Minta ampun!

I hope everyone had an enjoyable Raya with your families and friends! I just looove Raya because of all the colours and the food (!!!) and just the atmosphere and togetherness that we see in this month. Hopefully none of you have gained back the kilos that you lost during Ramadhan :p but hey ease up a bit on the diet, it's not everyday that we get to eat Raya food!

Anyway, I hope all of you made full use of your time with your loved ones. As cliche as it sounds, and as hard as it can be at times, we should treasure & cherish the people around us before it's too late. Eid Mubarak again from me and my family! Taqabbal Allahu minkum! Love lots!







No comments:

Post a Comment