Tuesday 8 December 2015

About Time: Spoiler alert

Okay, first things first. I hate spoilers and I hate people who give spoilers. I find it extremely selfish and rude when someone watches a new movie or TV show episode and tweets about what happens, because it is hands down annoying and completely ruins it for other people.

So I have to give you a little heads up before you read on: I'm going to talk about About Time. If you haven't seen the movie and are planning to, I suggest you skip this post as it may contain some spoilers.

Don't say I didn't, say I didn't warn ya.


So I finally watched About Time last night. So 2013. I didn't watch it before this because I'd heard mixed reviews about the movie. Some people said it was good, some said it was slow and boring. All I knew was that it had something to do with time travel and I automatically assumed that it was similar to The Time Traveler's Wife so I didn't really bother.

But I loved it. I love the Britishness about it, I love that they didn't use a bunch of famous actors aside from Rachel McAdams, I love how the wedding scene wasn't perfect and was in fact interrupted by a storm. I love the humour. I love how Tim's father told him to live his life in two stages: One, to live through every day like every normal person would; and two, to go back and experience the day again the exact same way but this time, to take notice of the little things around him. And I love the message that it conveyed. Needless to say, I bawled my eyes out towards the end of the movie.

I don't know, maybe I'm just being over-appreciative of the small details, but that's basically how I see it. Perhaps some people interpret the movie differently, and that's probably why they find it just... biasa. But of course, to each their own. This one is very much just up my alley. I like it.

With some movies, I'd usually find what went wrong in the storyline or pick on the technicalities. I know it's annoying, but I get so peeved when the details in movies are so obviously inconsistent. But with this one, I won't even try. I don't want to ruin it for myself.

If you don't already know this about me, I'm somewhat a hopeless romantic (pls don't ew me). I love romantic comedies and I love stumbling upon a good one unexpectedly. Some romcoms are just... sappy. And not in a good way. But it's safe to say that About Time is now one of my favourites.

Here's a quote I rather fancy from the movie to end this ((rather pointless)) post:

And in the end I think I've learned the final lesson from my travels in time; and I've even gone one step further than my father did: The truth is I now don't travel back at all, not even for the day, I just try to live every day as if I've deliberately come back to this one day, to enjoy it, as if it was the full final day of my extraordinary, ordinary life.

2 comments:

  1. I think that this place is really suitable for any size of gathering. By the way, they offer a day care room with lots of toys for children. The food at wedding venues chicago was delicious and the service is always great. Also the view is absolutely amazing.

    ReplyDelete