Thursday 22 May 2014

I put the 'pro' in procrastination

I am definitely the queen of procrastination. Really. I wish I didn't have so many lazy bones inside my body (sure, blame your skeletal system) but I find myself constantly putting work off. It's really unhealthy. I always get my work done, of course, no matter what. The only problem is that more often than not, I begin my work later than I can. Not later than I should, later than I can.

Sometimes when a deadline is still far off, but I happen to have time in my hands, I'd think "Hey, maybe I should get a head start on this assignment. Well begun is half done." But of course, of course I'll only end up watching a show or a movie. The same applies to studying for a class test or an exam. It's such a bad habit. I need to divert all this energy and channel it into something more productive and beneficial. Like, reading about the economy, technology, politics... Blergh. Or just actually doing my work. Obviously.

I always see hardworking people who are always on top of their game, and they're so admirable and... wow. Especially those inspiring women who can juggle so many things in their lives and still have time to have a little bit of fun. I realise though that at the end of the day, everyone gets the same 24 hours. It's how you manage those hours that differentiates what you achieve. Time management. That's something that I have yet to master. But I will, soon. InsyaAllah.

I know that it's rather too late to be taking baby steps in this department (gentle reminder that you're a university student, Fatin, not a high school student anymore), but if I push myself too much too fast, I am absolutely sure that it'll only take a split second for me to snap back into my old (current) habits. Hence I'll take it easy.

Starting from tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment